34 Olympic Sedan for sale

Povertycove

I didn’t put this in the for sale section, because this is just a review. In the recent Service Station there was a 34 Olympic for sale in Florida. Since we were driving across the state to attend a lecture about Franklins with Arthur Einstein at the Elliott Museum in Stuart, We thought we'd stop by to see it. It is a very late “C” model, rear spare, with the Vee grille. Though it seems to be intact, it needs everything, having been parked in a semi-open garage near Lake Okeechobee for thirty years. Rust, mold etc. the car was under some old junk, and the owner was finally able to lift part of the hood to let me take a photo of the engine.  The owner is asking $20,000. I leave it to you.0ECFBDD8-AF64-423D-A662-91C1DDF2F156.thumb.jpeg.4e6988d08308ed8bc39d012ee70f358f.jpegD40854AB-39FC-448B-9972-D3680478BE4B.thumb.jpeg.9fed7505e00c9ff388b236fc874edfa1.jpeg388E9D88-0D1D-495D-AF53-58C37D67DBF1.thumb.jpeg.7c98a98cc281e8476dd42514e10648cc.jpeg

Glad that you went to see that Olympic and posted a few photos.

When I got the ad, I wrote to the seller asking for some photos and suggesting that perhaps the price was a tad optimistic based on the description of the condition. I see that I was correct.

I received no reply . Today I got a accusatory letter saying that I got the phone number wrong (and maybe this was why the car never sold) and I should run the ad again in the Service Station.

I will do that. And rather than  posting the phone number here for every scammer in the world to see,  I invite anyone interested to write to me and I'll forward to them the correct contact information.

I hope that after an adequate dose of reality sets in the car can go to a good home for restoration.  I agree that a V-front Olympic would be quite a handsome car.

Scott,

It took me a little sleuthing to get the number, etc. I figured out the guy was in Okeechobee, emailed him, and got the right number. I could tell from the phone call that this car wasn’t going to be worth the visit. But it was right on our way to Arthur’s. That’s why I posted the photos with as little comment as possible. Mike got it right...one too many zeros.

Alex