Final 500 Auroras

Steve Moskowitz

Here is the early info: They will be produced in April of 2003. Only dealers who have sold at least 10 Auroras in 2002CY will be elegible to get at least one. Standard equipment will be Passenger Comfort Package, Convenience Package, heated front seats and the Collector's Edition Package. Dark cherry paint, unique 17in wheels w/logo, cloisonne emblems, embroidered seats and mats, nuetral leather seating with suede inserts, engine and door badging plus a vehicle certification package with special artwork etc.

Only 4 options available: sunroof, Bose, engine block heater and 12-disc CD changer.

Pricing has not been announced yet. 250 of the Final 500 Intrigues sold within 30 days.....

Two questions --

Has any thought been made regarding making some of the commemorative emblems and other items available via GM SPO for later crash replacements or collectors to put on their wall? Just curious as I've not found any of the Intrigue items in the GM Parts database.

Also, is there or will there be some registry of/for these special vehicles so that they might be authenticated in the future? For example, when the '78 Corvette Pace Cars were out, we had to supply a VIN for a correct car just to get the aluminum wheels on those cars (which had a particular red paint stripe on them).

Thanks,

NTX5467

I will post the spo# soon for the large cloisonne emblem...there is a problem with it apparently as stock should already be in.

There are a little over 100 Intrigues left to sell and there is a database that GM has. They have some legal concerns about its use and quite frankly it would be awfully expensive to try and clone one of these vehicles and most people would be long dead before the value of the car might be worth doing it!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the information. I can't really see anyone going to the trouble to try to clone one of these vehicles. I can see someone buying some emblems, though, for a display case box or similar--maybe even doing a deal of the various Olds emblems over the past 100 years as is currently availble for Cadillac.

I can also see someone's car getting damaged in a collision and desiring to replace the emblems also. That is where the GM database might come in handy. For example, on the Reatta convertibles, to get parts specific to the convertible top and related items, you had to call a number in GM Tech Assistance to manually order those things instead of the regular order on RAPID. Perhaps the "Final 500" specific parts could be set up similarly?

The "Anonymous" bug has struck the BCA forum too, for some reason. It would pickup my identity when I clicked into the forum without having to login, but that seems to come and go lately. Yet, when I loged in today, it recognized me, but I still had to manually login.

Thanks,

NTX5467

• 2 weeks later...

So, when the Bravada "morphs" into the Buick Ranier a little while from now, will the Bravada still be sold? Any chance they might similarly "morph" the Alero into a "Skylark?"

Did not log-in so not sure this is goint to come up anon...I have heard zero plans about the Alero. Only the Silhouette and the Bravada going to Buick. I seriously doubt any other plans as there are enough cars in that segment for GM.