1960 Buick 2 door Hardtop (NOT MINE)

Beemon

https://portland.craigslist.org/clk/cto/d/1960-buick-2-door/6398326151.html

I know a lot of people have hearts for the 1960 Buicks. I don't know what it is, but it looks complete and it's only $1600. I would love to have this one, but not having any place to properly store my current Buick, I thought I'd pass it along.

Edited by Beemon (see edit history)

$1600? Outrageous. That's almost twice as much as I paid for mine. But, then, I did buy mine back in '02.

52 minutes ago, Imperial62 said:

Not an Electra but at least it's an Invicta.

Boy, there must be quite a stigma attached to a LeSabre. I'd hate to show up at a meet in one of those.

Bemon, right now I have been telling people I would sell my '60 Electra for $22,000, knowing what I have done and what the car can do. I told my Wife to take $5,000 for it if I drop dead. I will give her your name. If you see me disappear from the Forum I am probably dead. I will tell her to let you have it for a couple grand, on credit if you are short.

Bernie

7 minutes ago, 60FlatTop said:

Bemon, right now I have been telling people I would sell my '60 Electra for $22,000, knowing what I have done and what the car can do. I told my Wife to take $5,000 for it if I drop dead. I will give her your name. If you see me disappear from the Forum I am probably dead. I will tell her to let you have it for a couple grand, on credit if you are short.

Bernie

Hope that isn't for a long time! Don't know what I'd do without all your excellent posts on the forums here. They're some of the only ones that really make me think about what I just read. :P

• Like 1

Could be a while. I had a good talk with the cardiologist after my medical issues five years ago. He said for every ten years that I do the things that are right for my health, the medical field will advance to give me 10 more. He said his oldest patient was 106 and still taking long walks. (I he had said 10 years or more younger I wouldn't have been there to hear the rest.)

Anyway, as I drove home I wondered how I would support myself without government doles for the next 40 years. I got home and immediately searched for successful business models in Third World countries.

So you were looking for something to think about, digest that one.

Bernie

• Haha 1

It doesn't cost any more to restore a top of the line car than a lesser model, but you'll end up with a more valuable, better equipped car.  Unless you really want less performance, a spartan interior, etc., the value equation is pretty clear. 

Having said that, this car could be a neat one to knock about in, but much depends on the condition and the options.   If it's solid, has buckets seats, maybe power windows and AC, it might be worth a go.  Look at this interior.  How is this not cool?

buick_invicta_60_red_4.jpg

• Like 1