A tougher challenge for you... trim identify

javelinkid

I think this might be a tougher challenge for you, but with the knowledge on here... probably not!  I typed in the number on the back (403095) and the only results I came up with is a guy on eBay selling two of these. He says Oldsmobile Cutlass but does not know the exact application. I used that as a search, but found no results. They almost look like "hood louver" vent trim or some sort of lower vent fender trim?  Any ideas? 

Thanks again for your assistance.  I bought these over 20 years ago, and now don't remember what they were for.

20171109_132153.jpg

20171109_132041.jpg

image_20171109_131904_1510255398631.jpg

20171109_132003.jpg

I think you are both on the right track, but these are much smaller than the guesses.  I should have stated they measure 4 7/8" long and the chrome portion is only a 1/4" wide.  I was also thinking along the lines of tail light trim?  Some similar to the '66 GTO.  These are not GTO, though.

Thanks for the input so far!

th.jpg

• 1 month later...

This morning looking on ebay, I ran across this car for sale and now have identified this trim.  Rear quarter Pontiac Firebird (1967-68).  I sort of remember now from back when I bought it.  BTW, I do not know who's car this is...just stumbled found it looking possible projects.

Thanks for everyone who posted their input!  Happy New Year!

s-l1600.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

JK,

I'm not sure about this. I own a 1968 Firebird and had to double check after seeing your last post. Although they do look similar I think that application is not correct. The Firebird louvers are slightly curved where yours look absolutely straight. The black painted part of your trim seem to extrude where the Firebird trim is on a single plane. Also, the part numbers are very different.

Greg

s-l1600 (5).jpg

Bleach,

I'm sure you are correct. I posted JK's images on another site I use and they came back almost instantly as 1969 Oldsmobile Delta 88 Royale. There is a set currently listed for sale on eBay

Best,

Greg

1969 Oldsmobile Delta 88 Royale 2 Door Hardtop Coupe Seventh Generation 1.jpg