Miniature Motoring

TerryB

A while back I posted about purchasing my brother in law's cars from his youth.  We are both the same age and grew up within 15 miles of each other yet his collection has cars I don't remember being around in the places I got my toy cars from.  For example in the picture below we have a Euro racing car transporter, a 1962  Superior Cadillac ambulance, a  blue 1963 Giha L6.4 V8,  two B.R.M V8 Formula 1 cars, a DB Panhard Le Mans, and a 1927 Bentley Le Mans racer.  All but the light blue BRM and the DB Panhard are Corgi from England, the other two are Solido made in France.  On the ambulance,  the part that holds the red bulb in the roof comes out so that a AA battery can be inserted to make the bulb light up.

The other unusual item is the blue Giha L6.4.  The real car was only made from 1961-63, used a Chrysler 383 engine, and was made in Italy.  Apparently only 25 or 26 cars were made.  Seems unlikely to choose it for a model car to make as most kids ( like me) probably never heard of it.  It's not the Dual Giha as that was made earlier and used a smaller Chrysler engine.

Terry

IMG_1139.JPG

Edited by TerryB (see edit history)
  • Like 1