ozzy needs help

Guest MATT HALE

Guest MATT HALE

Hi all,

New here thanks for the add!! Hoping to get a help/assistance headin ove that way next sep/oct and real keen on doin some of the swap meet/ car show and related car/truck related events!

Would really appreciate if someone could help out with dates of events, so far Hershey and Carlisle fall meets are a definite and AACA museum of corse! We also hope to go to Williams grove speedway again. Then we were thinking of headin to Detroit then down throw Indiana and do some of the south MS and LA. Cheers Matt  

Guest MATT HALE

Hi,

Thanks for reply, dates are not solid yet but plan to do Carlisle and Hershey fall meets for sure. I have been to both events before back in '13, we arrived just before Carlisle that trip. But was trying to see if we were best arriving earlier this time if there is anything on?

Thanks

How long do you have to be in the states?  If from the first of August to the middle of October, I can suggest a couple of great events. 

First is the Red Barns Spectacular at the Gilmore Museum which is usually the first weekend in August.  This event has maybe 1,000 cars of every known make and model.  Great show with a good swap meet area.  Look here and click on the rest of the links for additional information. 

https://www.google.com/search?ei=BzfxWeGlB6ewjwTuhx0&q=red+barns+event+gilmore&oq=red+barn+event+gilmore&gs_l=psy-ab.3.0.33i22i29i30k1.49776.62754.0.66077.22.22.0.0.0.0.129.2256.9j13.22.0....0...1.1.64.psy-ab..0.22.2231...0j46j0i131k1j0i67k1j0i46k1j0i131i67k1j0i10k1.0.bpmS3WvO8A4 

Second is the Woodward Dream Cruise.   This is the largest rolling cruise and static displays of vehicle of every imaginable creation.  Well over one million persons attend the event from all over the world.  Look here for information.  This is in the middle of August. 

https://www.google.com/search?source=hp&ei=5jbxWeWdOKTQjwTemJGwCQ&q=woodward+dream+cruise+2017&oq=woodward+&gs_l=psy-ab.3.2.0l10.690.3471.0.5755.10.9.0.0.0.0.166.1058.0j9.9.0....0...1.1.64.psy-ab..1.9.1056.0..46j0i131k1j0i46k1.0.q-_AhVRk39g

Then there is the Old Car Festival at The Henry Ford Museum/ Greenfield.  This is the absolutely best pre 1932 car show in the country.  They typically have between 600 -800 cars on display and driving in the village. My wife and I go every year with our '15 Buick Truck.  Everything they do is premium quality.  It is the longest running show if its type in the country.    It is the second weekend in September.  Look here. 

https://www.google.com/search?source=hp&ei=5jbxWeWdOKTQjwTemJGwCQ&q=woodward+dream+cruise+2017&oq=woodward+&gs_l=psy-ab.3.2.0l10.690.3471.0.5755.10.9.0.0.0.0.166.1058.0j9.9.0....0...1.1.64.psy-ab..1.9.1056.0..46j0i131k1j0i46k1.0.q-_AhVRk39g

By now it is time for Hershey. No more can be said other than "Hershey".  Being in Michigan there are a lot of other things to see and do with cars and I could fill all of the time in between with other things to do in Michigan and within the region.

If you have any other questions, let me know.

Regards,

Edited by Larry Schramm (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Guest MATT HALE

Thanks again Larry and 95Cardinal

We were more leaning towards arriving just prior to Carlisle, so late sep. Only reason being is just so where not doubling back to PA. Yeh sorta torn between decisions now, we were planning on doing ACD museum's although it was estimated to be there after Hershey and Detroit visit so like mid Oct? Ahh the choice's and decisions I guess!

All of the best/ over the top things to do in South Eastern Michigan occur from the first weekend of August to Hershey.   If you have the time and are able to do it, fly into Chicago and fly out of New York/ east coast. Rent a car.  I would be happy to help with being a tour guide for some of the events.