Chrysler Museum

30DodgePanel

First off, has anyone had any luck with research help from the museum or curators recently ? 

Quite frankly, I find that the museum has become a joke. What exactly do the curators do there anyway, file away historical documents so that no eyes will ever see them ? Really ?

WTH, why even have a museum that houses historical documents...

This is a recent response I got from Danielle :

"Sorry, if we let one car club/guy in, then we have to let everyone in"... WELL DUH ! That's what a museum is for.... HELLO ! ?

They claim that it's because of folks mishandling and putting docs back in the wrong place (cry me a river..maybe you should be doing something else with your life instead and let someone else in who can organize better than you can) and that some docs have been stolen in the past. What does that have anything to do with those of us who are trying to do legitimate research and who have good intentions ? Why punish the rest of us who love the research because they want to whine about they're own inability to manage and watch the idiots that stole things years ago ?

It's ridiculous that they only can view this information. How the heck are things to be corrected for future generations if we have no help from the museum ? They hold the answers !

All we're simply trying to do is try and pinpoint starting and ending serial number ranges for each model of trucks from the lost years.

As an example:

I asked for the date of frame number D221,339 a Detroit built 124" wheelbase truck because according to the parts list book this is the first number that started this model series and they won't even release the date unless I own the truck or can prove via bill of sale or other methods. Sure, there are ways we can create bill of sale for any vehicle but we choose to approach this research with honesty and integrity. Unfortunately we feel they leave us no choice but to forge documents in order to get the answers for our research.

Note to AACA research center leaders:

Please, don't ever take away the right for the public to have access to such important documentation, and don't ever become the joke that the Chrysler museum has become.

Hobbyists and research lovers worldwide have a right to this information, it's the curators and leaders of the museum/research centers responsibility to control the traffic. Unfortunately Chrysler museum has chosen only to whine about the past actions of others instead of opening it up for future generations.

We've tried to be as upfront, honest and as nice as we possibly can. We don't want to be negative or fraudulent in our attempts but how else would you guys handle it ?

At this point, it seems they leave a researcher no choice but to create fake documents.

Edited by 30DodgePanel (see edit history)

Bruce has been there decades so I doubt he texts much lol..

The others, I have no idea but I suspect you're correct.

I think the leadership is the real problem though,...Bruce loved helping in the past but I recall when the shift occurred he seemed to be embarrassed to say we would no longer be able to reach him because of the changes that were taking place. That was 3-4 years ago, as an engineer who has a career with the company I'm sure he is in disagreement with the leaderships decision on this matter.

What's the main guys name there ? Grant something or other? I think the leaders are the ones who are heartless and could care less about the research.

I'd really like to know what they even do there .... if anything ..

Edited by 30DodgePanel (see edit history)