Rambler 1962 American (fairfield / vacaville)

Not mine of course, just something I happened upon. Looks to be in great condition. California, a little west of Sacramento.

00Z0Z_2yGJAzjP6RX_600x450.jpg01616_jMbDZQFLI1y_600x450.jpg00p0p_hGpTlIjBQ5W_600x450.jpg

Give me a call at 916.300.7563 Jeremy

Original 1962 (Rambler) American Custom

More pictures upon request.

Purchased from original owner's widow in 2002. Everything on the car is as it can from the factory.
Has spent it's entire life in Sacramento and was purchased brand new from the City of Ramblers Dealership on June 14, 1962
at 2600 Fulton Avenue. Currently the Lexus dealership today. I have a ton of original paperwork and have the original owner's manual
with the original car salesman's business card in it. The original owner kept meticulous documentation on service records down to the date
of each battery change. I even kept her rain bonnet in the glove box and some other mementos.

It also has the very rare factory Air Conditioning AC system that she wanted and was only on the one car on the showroom floor. It will need to be checked and recharged as it doesn't blow cold at the moment.

The car is in the same condition as when I purchased it 14 years ago. I have always kept in a garage.

There are only a couple "not so great things" I can think of:

Minor rust in the trunk. "They kept it in a car port at some point in it's life before they had a garage."
Small cardboard tear on the back seat dashboard. "They must have stuck something there at some point."

I have kept up on all the service as well and get all my parts from Galvins AMC Rambler parts in Lodi Ca.

2 service things I would take care of if you were going to make it a daily driver.

The steering is a little loose.

The transmission leaks a little out of the box underneath. Just needs a new seal which you can get from Galvins.

Other than that the car starts up everytime and is a blast to drive. Have not had any engine problems at all.

My interest in classic car's is to keep everything original, so what you will find here is a time capsule that is basically 
as it was when it was purchased off the showroom floor.

It is an automatic on the column with bench seats front and back. It even has the original front seat lay back brackets
to turn the interior into a bed.