Replacement accelerator pedal question

So my 56 special still has the original greenish gas pedal... According to the shop manual there's two pedals with different angles depending on the car series but both Bob's and old cars shows one black pedal for all models.. Any idea how well these one size fits all pedals work?

After rechecking myself it's apparently the 55 pedals that have a different angle.. Of course that still brings up the question of how these new ones would work in a 55.. They are advertised as fitting 55-56 all models

I don't know if it would help you but if you go to pre war and do an "accelerator pedal" search there are several [posts there about differences in the earlier pedals.

All of the repro pedals are the same. My 55 originally came with a 54 pedal which was way shorter than the replacement I found later. What a difference that made!

The angle shouldn't be a big deal. I think they split the difference. Let me put it this way... I have personally never had an issue with any of the pedals I have installed and I would conservatively estimate that at 10.

Edit:

After reading this again, it may not have been a 54. It was shaped like earlier rounded pedals and didn't work properly. Just so I don't get grief that 54-55 pedals were the same height...

Edited by buick5563
Additional info (see edit history)
  • Like 3