Information

Guest Calie35

Guest Calie35

Wondering if anyone can help me. I have a carburetor for a Dodge made by the Apex sub-carburetor company. It has to be for an early Dodge model. This is a new carburetor still in the box. The date on the box when shipped was October 1st 1925. Any information on the year and car it goes to and any value it might have would be greatly appreciated.

20170607_140135.jpg

20170607_140115.jpg

20170607_140011.jpg

It looks like one of those "snake oil" devices.  Install it properly and your mileage or power increases substantially.   Or maybe not at all.  The title says it is a "sub-carburetor" that to me suggests that it is added on before the real carb.

Made by Apex mfg in Chicago to replace a Holly carb I believe. Cost was about

$3-4 so it was a low cost replacement. They came out with throttle replacements after that all around 1919 or early 20's. 

Not sure if the Dodge version was earlier or later. Value is more likely in display item if box is in good shape but that is just a guess on my part. Have fun 

34 minutes ago, Calie35 said:

Apex sub carburetor company from Indianapolis Indiana

They may have been in Indianapolis but the main office was Chicago and Cleveland Ohio also had an office or plant

The Apex Carburetor Throttle Replaces Standard Equipment The Apex Electric Mfg. Co., of 1410 W. 59th St., Chicago, Ill., has brough.......

Edited by SC38DLS (see edit history)