Trailer width 1929 Dictator

I am going to look at a 1929 Dictator tomorrow and plan to take a trailer in case I purchase it. How wide is the car, I am not going to ask the owner to measure because he is quite elderly. Will it fit on a trailer with 6' 3" clearance between the sides.  I can find the wheelbase length and  car weight but not the width. Thanks.

Not an exact answer to your question but my Pontiac is 69" wide. I would think your higher quality car might be a little wider but I think you are okay.

Good Luck and happy hobbying.

I should have mentioned that I did finally call the gentleman and he did get me a measurement. It was 70" since I have 75", though it will be tight . He also measured the running board at 12.5", exactly the height of the sides of the trailer, drats. I will head off shortly on a 4 and a 1/2 hour journey to check out the car and hopefully, if it is in as good a condition as the pics I have seen, then purchase it and haul it home. 

side.jpg

3 hours ago, keninman said:

He also measured the running board at 12.5", exactly the height of the sides of the trailer, drats.

What matters is the height of an open door above the ground/trailer floor.  The door bottom is probably a good eight inches above the running board.  2.5 inches on either side is not difficult--keep it close on the driver's side while driving onto the trailer and use a spotter.

• Like 1