info. needed on 350 chevy engine swap into a 59 olds 98

Nope. You're on your own here. You might be able to adapt 59-60 Chev motor mount perches to the Olds crossmember, but I think there's some difference between the two. A good street rod builder should be able to make it work for you. You'll have to do some fabrication on the trans mounts too to put anything besides the HydraMatic in this car. Anything is possible given enough time, thought and money.<P>Hope you plan to keep the car forever if you do this. You'll need to build that puny Chevy too, hauling a 59 Ninety Eight around will work it to death.

Limited, that was my initial reaction too but was hoping telling him all the mess he'd have to do mount and transmission wise would discourage him from bastardising the car. Also a subtle reminder that he'll likely have the car a long time, since people who are truly interested in cars like 1959 Ninety Eights would run away screaming once they saw the SBC in there.<P>But for some folks, a Chevy 350 is the solution to everything. rolleyes.gif" border="0

A chevy powered '59 Olds will have company as even the last couple of years of Oldsmobile RWD cars all had small block chevies! <P>A chevy engine may be the difference between the old Olds being put back on the road or being scrapped!<BR> <BR>I went to Viet Nam a couple of years ago and it was amazing to see creative engine swaps in many American built cars of the '60's and '70's that were left behind. (Plymouth slant 6 in a'67 Chev Biscanye, International 345 in a '65 Chevy PU, Nissan 4 cylinder in mid '60's Falcon and so forth) Henry.

True, Henry, but the factory put those in there. If I were going to all that trouble, I think I'd at least ferret out an Olds engine for the swap.<P>Besides, you could probably rebuild the 394 for the same money you'd spend trying to adapt a SBC to this car, unless you were a skilled fabricator. If Rob has to pay a streetrod shop for this work, he's gonna bite a chunk of change.<P>Rob, you might want to look into how Pontiac put Chevy engines in Canadian Pontiacs.