Picture needed of '35 Commander fuel line

Does anyone have a picture of how the fuel line runs from the fuel pump up to the carburetor on a '35 Commander or President?

A previous owner of my car installed an electric fuel pump and bypassed the mechanical fuel pump completely.  I'll get the original mechanical pump back soon from rebuild and want to install the line correctly.  I've tried to imagine where it should go, but all the options seem really awkward or too close to a major heat source (exhaust manifold) or both.

Thanks. Tom

my engine bay has no engine can not send picture    body parts catolog states 1/4 pipe 26inches      mine went 90 up  towards carb   carb has 90 elbow pipe parrell to head  towards pump appox 8 to 10 inches   with bend    towards  pump   if this helps   this is for  8 flat  head   steve

• 2 weeks later...

I received my fuel pump back from rebuild  2 days ago

Thanks for the tip on the elbow fitting at the carb. In looking at how to run the line from the pump to the carb I realized that if I used an elbow fitting at the pump also, I could run the line neatly with just three bends. I could have probably gotten away with two bends, but the bend down near the pump is to clear the heat shield that will be installed next.

Tom

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Thanks George.  I appreciate the kind comments.  I expect to be driving this car all around South Bend, so you're welcome to a longer ride any time. I'm hoping to park my truck and trailer at the ASC host hotel and then using the '35 for local transport and, of course, the ASC tour.  The meet is only 4 1/2 weeks away. I am really looking forward to this one. South Bend always seems so special.

I'm not sure yet if I'm going to Pate.  Haven't found a Studebaker part in years. How about you?

Tom

I'm sure I will go out to Pate as it is close by but it has been a long time since I've found much in the way of Studebaker.  However one never knows what will come up ---- perhaps a photo op of a well known Louisiana Studebaker enthusiast in front bullet nose  body mounted on a 4 wheel  "Monster Truck" chassis.