Did I do this right..? (Jackstand points)

Fox W.

A little concern, as I realized after I did this that it isn't the spot the shop manual says to use.. yet it seems to be just fine and without the metal giving..   Let me know please if I've done wrong.

Also in second and third picture, it shows where I had used my floor jack at the center-front of the engine-cradle.  This is where the shop manual says you can lift the whole front at once.. However this part has slightly bent in at places... ?

Thanks.

Jackstand-point.jpg

Floor-jack1.jpg

Floor-jack2.jpg

• Like 1

I lift on the cradle bolt closest to the door. Using my jack I can lift the whole side which makes changing tires much easier. If I am changing oil I still lift at that point and then put a jack stand on that cross piece in your picture only at that corner where the tow hook is.

• Like 2

It's not quite the pinch welds, it's more outer at the rocker panel, but it seems to be a reinforced section with an opening for it in the side lower black plastic trim..  It looked like this was its purpose, and I am just trying to ask if anyone knows if that is correct or not.

Thanks.