Having problems with the search function. About 60 percent of the time, I get the following error. Sometimes can do the exact same search, and it will work. Search term I am using is    carb

Jon.

ERROR

The request could not be satisfied.

CloudFront attempted to establish a connection with the origin, but either the attempt failed or the origin closed the connection.

Generated by cloudfront (CloudFront)
Request ID: VQKx693-WTtsjhA4m7TphKzeLXR1YwvYNlyq7zbbap4dZiORwni8Tw==

Hi Jon,

I see the same results about 1/3 of the time when I do a search.  CloudFront is an Amazon cloud service that caches (replicates) and distributes website information to different servers around the world, with the intent of letting you access the website information more quickly from a server which may be closer to you than the true origin server.  This type of message usually indicates that the CloudFront service is having issues talking back to the origin server which results in a "times out" and gives this message.  This could be related to the issues Amazon Web Services has been experiencing over the last week.  Or it could be some type of issues between the CloudFront service and the forum cloud service, which the hosting company would need resolve.  But once they get is sorted out the use of cloud services like CloudFront really help to make website access even faster.

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Bob - it seems totally intermittent. May not happen for a day or two, then the next day, will fail 4 out of 5 each time I do a search. This particular search had three errors, then the fourth time came in like lightening. When it works, it is very quick. Just get tired of the time-outs. Wonder if it matters from where the search comes (my ISP)? I wouldn't think it should, but have given up trying to understand why a computer does anything. I almost hope I am too old to leave the house when the government forces self-driving vehicles down our throats.

Jon.

• Like 1