1969 Riviera Gas Tank

Guest Woodsy

Does anyone know where I can find a gas tank for my 69 Riviera? The car is in Texas and I'm in England and want to purchase and have one installed before I have the car shipped over. Have looked on eBay and other similar sites but to no avail. Any help will be gratefully appreciated. Thanks.

Edited by Woodsy
Need to select reply notification (see edit history)

Nothing available, no one makes aftermarket, or repro tanks for 2nd generation Riviera that I am aware of.

The '66 to '70 models all used the same tank due to the position of the spare tire well design, sunk into the trunk floor.

Your best bet is 'good used', the condition of which may be uncertain, or simply have the original tank serviced when you get the car across the pond? 

6 hours ago, 68RIVGS said:

Nothing available, no one makes aftermarket, or repro tanks for 2nd generation Riviera that I am aware of.

The '66 to '70 models all used the same tank due to the position of the spare tire well design, sunk into the trunk floor.

Your best bet is 'good used', the condition of which may be uncertain, or simply have the original tank serviced when you get the car across the pond? 

Thanks for the reply. The original tank has been removed and there is an aluminium fuel cell in the trunk. Not sure if that's legal over here. Your advice on using a 66 to 70 is great, I'll be on the lookout for one of those.  Thanks.

13 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

Thanks for the reply. The original tank has been removed and there is an aluminium fuel cell in the trunk. Not sure if that's legal over here. Your advice on using a 66 to 70 is great, I'll be on the lookout for one of those.  Thanks.

Theres plenty of yards here that could have them used.

You may have to get one's interior re-sealed. There are businesses that do that here, and I'm sure by you as well.

The ROA has contact info for member access.

Edited by PWB (see edit history)