1917 roadster upholstery help

1916roadster

I don't know where the pics went but will try again. I have finished the 17 roadster seat and moving on to door upholstery. Wondering what is correct for door panels. Pockets? No pockets? Snaps? Stitching pattern, fasteners? Any help or pictures would be appreciated. Thanks, John

IMG_0108.JPG

IMG_0112.JPG

IMG_0252.JPG

IMG_0270.JPG

Did you do the upholstery?  If so, nice job!  I'm planning to do mine and am practicing with an industrial sewing machine I purchased recently.  The '25 seats have simple pleats so I think I have a reasonable chance of doing a decent job (never having done any sewing before).  Where did you get the hides?

11 hours ago, MikeC5 said:
11 hours ago, MikeC5 said:

Yes I agree the diamond tufted would be a stretch (so to speak) for a first ever attempt.  If you don't mind asking them, I would appreciate it.

They got the leather from Mel Draper  PO Box 179 Jeromesville Ohio,  44840. (419) 368-3226. Mel also carries wooden bows and wooden wheels I think. The carriage shop likes using Mel because "good quality, dependable, reasonably priced". I found his phone # in this resource from Florida Carriage Club.

IMG_0271.thumb.PNG.f71ce2f29532e3a5f5c14c38214513a8.PNG

• 2 weeks later...