1956 Dynaflow and Matching Rear Axle

NC-car-guy

I have a 1956 dynaflow with matched torque tube rear end out of a Buick century.  Was going to upgrade my 55 dynaflow but decided on a different route.  Fluid in trans looked clean as does the rear. Car had a locked engine so I've never driven these. 71k miles were showing on the odometer with very little wear on the seat and pedals. I also have the matched radiator with trans cooler if interested. $650 obo for the three.  I can deliver for the price of fuel as far north as Philadelphia (and along the I-95 Corridor between NC and PA) and as far south as Atlanta (also anywhere along the I-85 Corridor between NC and GA)

Edited by wndsofchng06
added delivery (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So I tried opening the rear axle this weekend.  Driver's side axle came right out, looked good.  Passenger side axle has one nut that's rounded off, and the main housing has two nuts that rounded off. :angry: I might mess with it again later, but right now my time is more valuable.  I'll drop the price if necessary.:)

• 2 weeks later...

I have interest in this but it would need to get to Haysville, KS.  Fastenal is about my only option at the moment, unless anyone is traveling that way.  I offered to possibly meet the guy halfway for fuel money and my hotel bill.

Haven't heard back from him so still available.  I gave the radiator to a guy this weekend so that's off the table.  transmission and rear axle $400 obo.  Get these out of my yard for me.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...