Oldsmobile Nationals

Just an update folks as it seems no one from the National Clubs are moderating this site. We need to fix this and I will bring it up at the membership meeting.<P>Anyway, the show is going to be huge! Over 1200 cars registered and counting. The factory is bringing 14 truck loads of their collection and already had dropped off many at the museum. Inside Lansing Civic center and at the Museum you will see unique displays.<P>Participants are going to be real happy with some of the gifts in the goodie bag and a special surprise at the banquet.<P>This should be a GREAT show!

Steve, I guess you as a past President and me as a past Director are the closest thing to OCA support and moderation this site has. No current OCA officers or board members are active on this site or the other Olds forums, and that is <I>not good!</I> I had several DFers on another site thank me for participating as a director since they felt the Club honestly didn't care about the membership. And the last four years, I've often felt that way myself- to the point that I almost did not renew my OCA membership after 20 years in the Club. I still haven't recovered enough that I want to make the trip to Lansing this year.<P>Maybe with new blood in place at the top, that will change. Pat's way more of a people person than what just left office, and I've offered him my services as forum moderator if he'll have me.<P>I guess when the primary agenda was to destroy a dead man's reputation along with those of people associated with him, such a trivial thing as establishing good rapport with the everyday Olds hobbyist wasn't important. frown.gif" border="0 <P>Glenn Williamson<BR>the Rocketraider<BR>OCA Southeast Zone Director 1990-2000

Glenn, I am glad you are willing to be the moderator. I have asked Clay to write an article about the website since I really believe most club members do not know how to navigate to the forum. I think the problem is mostly due to a lack of knowledge.<P>It took me quite some time to get the club to Link to this AACA site and take advantage of the free DF service. Hopefully, it will take off between your help and an increase awareness of the benefits/fun of this "new-fangled" way to communicate!<P>Don't give up hope! I am not sure how much of the story you know about Dennis but he was a friend since 1971 and I am still in shock about what happened. It has saddened me deeply on a personal level. The materials taken and later sold to W. MIller have stolen a huge legacy that should have been made available to the History Center.<P>Anyway,the important thing is to move on...you should drive, walk, crawl to lansing this year because it may be the one and only time 80 cars from Oldsmobile's collection will ever be on display again.

Glen Hope to see you in Lansing. Steve is right, its going to be cool.Marsha and I hope all our Olds friend look us up.Ken Nicholas

Is there going to be that many cars?I have to ask,I just received my car # from Lansing,it is only #784.Main reason I ask is I was real late getting it in,the last week.I hope Steve and Glenn are correct on the #'s.See you there Steve.Glenn,I might be able to come down your way,offer you a ride up.If not in Lansing,I will look for you in Charlotte.Later,Jeff

It's almost late for me to plan anything for Lansing. If I go it'll be a super last minute thing and a kamikaze trip, which I don't know if me 40-ish bones is up to! tongue.gif" border="0 <P>We'll see ya for sure at the Southeast Zone Show in Charlotte, September 13-15. I may even debut a new acquisition there. To everyone on the forum, <B>"Y'all Come!"</B> We'd sure enjoy having you.

Too many cynics out there! Don't worry the number is correct and does not count the 80-90 cars from Oldsmobile's collection. I know they are packing 1200 goodie bags and there is 1000 people scheduled for the dinner....this is going to be big!<P>Anyway, I am leaving in a few hours to go to the meeting in Lansing and I will report back here tomorrow!

Well, just got back from the meeting in Michigan and we really do have quite a crowd coming. As of tonight there was't quite the 1200 I mentioned but it is so darned close they are trying for provisions for an extra lot to house the overflow. Some people just can't or won't look at the registration dates! there will be over 1100 cars there for sure. 343 flea market spaces, etc. The tours sold out and there are a lot of disappointed people but it was first come...<P>Trailer parking is quite a distance from the meet but they will be running a shuttle schedule. A little inconvenient but hopefully everyone will understand.<P>There are a lot of folks working very hard to show a good time to you so enjoy yourself and don't sweat any of the inconveniences that come with a volunteer event this large!

HAY YOU GUYS; DO NOT FORGRT THE AUCTION THURSDAY THE 1ST. HALL C LANSING CENTER ,WE GOT LOTS OF STUFF COULD USE SOME MORE. BRING YOUR ITEMS AND YOUR WALLETS FULL OF CASH. REGARDS, STEVE, HERE IN WILLIAMSTON, A FEW MILES DOWN THE ROAD FROM LANSING.