56 Super Throttle Linkage

Wooly15

Back to pedals again.  I noticed one of your pictures in post #26 showed a pedal with a stud on the bottom with a rubber bumper.  I don't know which Buick used that arrangement, but on 55's there never was a stud.  Replacement pedals from vendors are supplied with the stud, which I break off before use.  The stud would limit pedal movement.

• 3 years later...

Hello Everyone 

i have the same problem with my throttle lever not reaching WOT to actually on the secondaries. Does anyone have a spare full operating rod they can sell me?

in what direction do you adjust the throttle operating lever after loosening the splined clamp. 
my car came with a CARTER AFB  COMP SERIES carb. Can anyone measure the length of their existing operating rod just to compare lengths?

Thank you all in advance. 

juan

0B43C94C-57C2-4830-91EC-F487A506A4B6.jpeg

11BC19CF-D7A5-487C-822D-EB434A95B71D.jpeg

• 1 year later...
On 12/1/2016 at 9:20 AM, old-tank said:

DSCF1141.JPG

Your 56 may be different than my 55, since there is no clip at ball on the pedal rod.  After a failure on the road and limping with tape and wire at the ball end, I replaced with well lubricated good used and now carry these parts in my travel kit.

Where did you buy or can get this, I have a 55 buick and had the same problem. Thanks