Interested in anything you might have. Need a few parts for my M45 that are not being manufactured in particular windscreen brackets, dash switch knobs, windscreen wiper motor ( klaxon) Altette 12 volt horns , correct jack. etc.  See pictures  of another owner's car below for reference. 

What have you got?  PM please . oldmill@kingston.net  Thanks

DSC00049.JPG

DSC00028.JPG

DSC00021.JPG

DSC00016.JPG

Klaxon Wiper Motor (1).JPG

Edited by Barry Brown
added photo (see edit history)

Hello Barry

You seem to have been looking for these parts for quite a while.(years) For the start the Horn is Lucas. Not a Klaxon. That should be easy to find, they are about the most common horn used on English cars in the 1930s. I am sure that there are people in England who have new ones. The windscreen fittings are a little bit more difficult but I am sure that the Lagonda Club would be able to help you. The only thing is that they would insist that you must be a member. If you are not a member all the info you need to join is available on line. If  the body on your M45 is a factory body it should not be impossible to find the necessary hardware.  I am a little confused, are the photographs you show actually your car or just one that you have seen somewhere? If you REALLY want the windscreen fittings that are UNIQUE to your car you will have to have them made. All the switches etc that you show in your photographs are common Lucas parts and all available either second hand at swap meets or reproduction parts available over the counter in England. Just an email away. Have you looked at the Lucas Reproduction parts on the internet?

I have been playing with Lagondas for a long time and I used to know many of the people in the Club. As you are possibly aware my interest these days is solely in Lagonda Rapiers. 

The main source for parts for 1930s Lagonda cars is LMB Racing in Belgium.

http://www.lmbracing.be.

Have you talked to them? They have an extensive website.

If you do not know where to look send me a p.m.

Bernie j.

Edited by oldcar (see edit history)

Thanks Bernie, Yes I am and have been a member of the Lagonda Club for 6 years now and have purchased many parts from them. They are a great bunch. The Klaxon refers to the windscreen wiper mechanism not the horn !   They are extremely rare.  Yes I know Lucas Altettes are everywhere but there are many  small differences and I would like to get the  exact correct ones for my car. I have the works records for my car so know what was fitted originally and what was done to the car through the years.  The photos as I stated are of another car not mine and I posted them for reference.  I am capable of making the windscreen brackets but if there are some out there it would be nice to obtain them to save time. The club does not have them and as far as I know never did.  I am in Canada so appropriate swap meets with English pre war parts are not exactly convenient.  None of the items I am searching for are urgent as the project is a long way from completion. Most of my day is taken up working on old motorcycles which is my business. Sometimes I wish I didn't like cars as well since they take up so much time ,space and money ! 

P1250305.JPG

Hello Barry

I guess it is all about priorities, whether you want your car to be prefect and exactly as it left the works or one that you can drive and enjoy. My own Lagonda can never be "original" but that has never stopped me enjoying driving it. It has only ever been once to a "show". 99.99% of the people looking at did not have a clue as to its "originality" but that did not stop them enjoying looking at it.

I may be a little "funny" but there is nothing I enjoy more than driving it on almost deserted mountain roads! 

Bernie j.

Edited by oldcar (see edit history)