1925 Master open car inside door handles

Did 1925 Master open car inside door handles change mid year from the vertical pull lever with nickel plated knob to a curved horizontal handle ?

All of the original handles from my 1925-45 are missing and I am trying to determine which is correct for the car.

There were 3 latches in a box of parts (with no vertical lever), and I recently found a 4th latch on e-bay which has the vertical lever and nickel plated knob, completing the set. pictured below.   If the horizontal handle is correct for the car, then I can cut off the vertical handle from the e-bay latch.

below is a reference collection of inside door handle photos covering years 1924 thru 1926

Kevin

door latch collection.jpg

1924-1926 door handles.jpg

Kevin:

The master I just got (I see you have the photo of mine) has the horizontal handles. They have the inside end with a straight knurl (gear like profile) to locate the handle with the last 1/2" of the end  threaded to take a retaining acorn nut. I will try to get more specific dimensions for you. I know the 1924-45 near me in town has the one like your ebay find. My 1925-25 has the same as your photo of the 1924-35.

• 1 month later...

Kevin:

Boy am I behind in getting this done!  I thought I would post here for the benefit of others. The photos are of the original on the car as well as the brass copies and the pattern they were made from. On one of my doors, a brass copy is installed and rather than the end being splined and threaded they have the inside handle pinned to the shaft. The others have the 1/4 20tpi acorn nut.

DSCF5729.JPGThe inside handle is nickel plated brass.

1/4 20 TPI .300 X16 spline.

DSCF5727.JPG  DSCF5728.JPG

DSCF5730.JPGGroup of the Brass reproductions and pattern.

They still will need a bit of machining to true and clean up. The one at the lower left and the escutcheon I picked up at Hershey . The vendor took over the business of a fellow who passed away. He is in the process of starting up a foundry making Stainless Steel reproductions. These were old stock display left overs. The handle is a bit undersized compared to my original as is the escutcheon. They are polished beautifully. They will also still need machining to true up and fit. It is also 1/4 shorter than my original.DSCF5731.JPGDSCF5732.JPG

img20161229_14394091 (1024x769).jpg