Getrag Transmission

Jim Bird

I have a 1990 16 valve TC.  Need to replace both seals from the transmission to the drive axles. Does anyone have a part number or source for these seals??? 

The drive axles are currently removed ( thought I had the correct seals--WRONG ) It appears that the old seals can be pried out with a flat blade under the flange of the seal where it seats on the surface of the tranny.

Is installation of the new seals a simple press fit???

Jim Bird

13 minutes ago, Jim Bird said:

I have a 1990 16 valve TC.  Need to replace both seals from the transmission to the drive axles. Does anyone have a part number or source for these seals??? 

The drive axles are currently removed ( thought I had the correct seals--WRONG ) It appears that the old seals can be pried out with a flat blade under the flange of the seal where it seats on the surface of the tranny.

Is installation of the new seals a simple press fit???

Jim Bird

NATIONAL # 2003H   If you can't find any, I do have 2.

2 hours ago, Jim Bird said:

Thanks Hemi

I don't recognize the name National. Are they the seal mfg. or are they a U.S. auto parts supplier.

Also is removal and installation as I suggested.

NATIONAL is a seal manufacturer. Probably one of the most used by professionals unless using original brand name like MOPAR. Even then the seal may be made by NATIONAL.  Just go to a REAL parts retailer and ask for National 2003H seals.  If you get a blank stare back, either you are in the wrong place or that number is no longer available.  What part number seals did you get? The factory part number is 4425817.