'41 Special Air Duct Connection

Malo48

Hi all,
Is there a coupling or flange of some sort that connects the under-hood passenger-side air duct to the cowl around the radiator?  There's just an open, 2 1/2" hole on mine, whereas the coupling/flange on the driver's side is present (connects to air cleaner).  

Just wondering, before I make up a piece for it.
Thanks!

Edited by Malo48
clarification (see edit history)

Thanks Grandpa.  That piece is in place on my firewall.  Is there another one that connects the other side of the air duct?  There's an opening just to the right (passenger side) of the radiator where I assume the duct would lead, but there's nothing there to clamp it on to.  
Thanks for the pic - I have been wondering what the clamps are supposed to look like.

Much appreciated!

I have a 1940 Super with the same fixture at the firewall and nothing at the fender. I have had the car 47 years and there was nothing there when I got it. There is however a scoop in the grille area to direct air to the duct. I bought a piece of duct and just shoved it through. There is one clamp or strap on the fender well halfway between cowl and core support to hold it up. I thought I had located everything, now I have another part to worry about if it exists????

• Like 1

I know the piece you are talking about. In a dual carb setup there is a fitting on both sides. I am missing one on the carb side of the car. Actually looking for one myself.

• 2 weeks later...

Just for reference, this is the hole - this is viewed looking forward on the passenger side.  The radiator is just to the left, out of the frame. 
It doesn't look like there's anything that mounts to this (no holes for mounting/attaching hardware).  

IMAG0225[1].jpg