1928 Huppmobile Portland OR craigslist

Oregon Desert model 45

not mine

reposted from craigslist

this car has the windshield posts of a closed car, not a roadster as advertised by seller.

http://portland.craigslist.org/clc/cto/5820868957.html

SELLING A 1928 HUPMOBILE, THIS IS THE HARD TO FIND ROADSTER BODY ,63 K MILES ,THIS IS A VERY BIG PROJECT ,DOES NOT RUN OR DRIVE ,SO BRING A TRAILER AN CASH ,THE BODY IS REALLY VERY SOLID ,BUT MOST OF THE WOOD HAS BEEN REPLACED ,(POORLY), IT WAS LAST ON THE ROAD IN THE 70,S ,
IT WAS IN A STORAGE BARN FOR 30 YEARS ,I HAVE STORED IT FOR ABOUT 3 YEARS NOW ,AN HAVE NOT FOUND TIME TO DO ANYTHING TO IT ,VERY COOL PROJECT CAR OR RAT ROD,AN YOU WOULD BE THE ONLY PERSON AROUND THAT HAS ONE ,VERY RARE CAR ,NO TITLE ,
BUT DMV GAVE ME PAPER WORK TO FILL OUT TO GET ONE ,( FORM 803.045,) CERTIFICATION OF OWNERSHIP FACTS
FOR MORE INFO CALL  503 860 2062

00u0u_6LbBm04Y0jm_1200x900.jpg

00Z0Z_2HVgLS1CJo7_1200x900.jpg

00j0j_c0NrBqpSLBD_1200x900.jpg

01515_2THcE8BY80C_1200x900.jpg

First of  all ,  its  a  1929 Hupp  Model A.The  dash is what  tells  that. Seconed,  it  started its  life  as  a coupe. We  know this  because the two  passenger Cabriolet  does not  have  a folding  top  like  a roadster. If  you look at  the  4th  pic,  you  can  see they  added  material to  the  top of the  door.  The  good  thing  is  it  has non  standard  wood  wheels  on it. They  had  to  be  special  ordered. The  pic is  a  Hupp Mode S Cabriolet  with  the top  down,  this  was the  first  year and model of  that  type. 1930-31

2006  hupp tour 025.jpg

Edited by Hupp36 (see edit history)