What vehicle?

Guest LJess

It's a rather generic rendering of typical cars of that era, I suspect. The carbide-powered brass headlights make it from about 1912-13 or earlier, I believe. The tires are huge, and the brass hubcaps are too, such as might be found on a really large car, but they are so big in cross-section vs diameter that they don't match up with cars of that age. The front coil springs would be pretty uncommon. Maybe others will have different ideas. 

Keiser is probably right...represents a Ford. But Fords had distinct front transverse leaf springs, and no vertical rods in front of the radiator. And Model T Fords were sort of spindly, and had very small tires. But again, this is a sort of generic model, representing lots of cars from that same era. At least, that is what I think. 

Probably earlier than 1915, in my guess. Note that the 1915 model has black painted kerosene headlights, while the model has carbide-fueled brass lights, which are earlier, as I mentioned in my first reply. Also, your model appears to have a large shifter handle in it. IF I am seeing that correctly, then it wouldn't be a Model T Ford at all. Model T's were shifted by foot pedals alone...no shifter handle. 

51 minutes ago, lump said:

Probably earlier than 1915, in my guess. Note that the 1915 model has black painted kerosene headlights, while the model has carbide-fueled brass lights, which are earlier, as I mentioned in my first reply. Also, your model appears to have a large shifter handle in it. IF I am seeing that correctly, then it wouldn't be a Model T Ford at all. Model T's were shifted by foot pedals alone...no shifter handle. 

I am suggesting that all of the stuff on there is due to artistic license since most people who make such things are not that familiar with the inner workings and details....lights and shift handle. Lots of people would think that there would be a shift handle if they are not familiar with the odd transmission on a Model T. I went with the 1915 since it has doors.

Sorry, Keiser. I didn't mean to suggest anyone was "wrong" about the ID of this model. Hope I didn't offend. 

Clearly, this model like most of these models are only crude representations of cars of the era, as you said. They are artistically pleasing...not accurately detailed. 

And by the way, I am by no means an expert on Model T's....or anything else, for that matter. :unsure:

Thanks. I've seen many of your posts on this forum, and along with a few other members on here, you clearly are extremely knowledgeable on these very old cars. I admire and respect all of you. 

I grew up in the antique car hobby myself, and have dash plaques from 1957, of events which I attended with my parents. Yet I was just a kid, and didn't pay too much attention to identifying characteristics of the cars, with a few exceptions. Today I still have a 23 Hupmobile touring, and a 1970 SS 454 Chevelle. But I marvel at folks like you and NZcarnerd and others who can quickly ID cars of the teens and twenties. My dad could do that....but he is long gone. 

Best wishes.