1928 wheels

Thriller

Hello. This morning I was alerted to a local sale of a set of refurbished 1928 Buick wheels. I'm wondering if they will "fit" my 1929 series 129. From a quick look, I see that the original tire sizes were different, but that doesn't tell me if they will bolt on to be able to move the car around. These are wooden spoke wheels. Can anyone shed some light for me? Thanks. 

A local wheel shop has begun to work on the artillery wheels for my car. They will do one first and then we can evaluate. 

Too many interesting things for sale. 

Edited by Thriller (see edit history)

1926/27/28  rims are 21 x 4 for the standard, and 21 x 4 1/2 for the Master series.  1929 is 20 x 4 for the standard and 20 x 4 1/2 for the Master.  1930 and the wheels are 18" x 4" for the ser 30. 19x 4 for the ser 40, and 19 x 4 1/2 for the ser 50-60. 

I have a 1925 so I have a 1 year only wheel size.  People do use 1926/27/28 entire wheel assemblies on the 1925 models.  22" tires were unavailable at one time, so this is how they kept the cars on the road.  The hubs had not changed, but I am not sure if this is possible for a 1929 to use 1928 wheel assemblies if you are wanting to use a different size tire. 

Hugh

• Like 1