What does "Home Office Reserve" mean on Lincoln Vehicle Identification Plate?

starfireelvis

...in terms of the DSO (Domestic Special Order) for a Ford product?

A friend of mine just bought a Diamond Green '67 Lincoln Continental convertible over Labor Day weekend.
  She deduced it has the Light Gold leather interior, and was built 1/16/67, per the Vehicle Identification by Warranty Plate.

The DSO is usually the original destination of the vehicle to a geographic zone; however, the 84 code is designated as "Home Office Reserve", with no city designation listed.  Guessing that is some kind of special order, but was wondering if anyone had ever come across the term and what it may more specifically mean.
         The link below deciphers the Lincoln VIW Plate codes, of that is of help in answering my question.
         Thanks again for any answers or clues that can be provided...

http://www.mercurystuff.com/1967-lincoln-vehicle-id.html

• 1 month later...

I also have a '67 Lincoln convertible which is a DSO 84 "Home Office Reserve".  This means that the order originated in the Dearborn Ford Motor Company corporate headquarters.  These cars were either for executives as their personal company car or went into the executive motor pool.  The cars were usually offered to the dealers as "program cars" with about 3500 miles on them.  Mine went to the Atlanta, GA Lincoln dealer and was sold to the person (first titled owner) who I bought my car from.  The dealer described the car as a Detroit VIP car.