Location of 1953 ford Mercury car

Guest Jonesin

Guest Jonesin

I know this is a very long shot but I am hoping to locate a 1953 ford Mercury anniversary car that my dad owned for a couple of years.  He lived in Sheridan, Oregon at the time and bought the car in 1953 and sold it a couple of years later when he joined the Army..  He was the first owner.  I don't know if he bought it from a dealer in Sheridan or possibly in a nearby town such as McMinnville, Oregon. I do not have the VIN number.  Please contact me with any pointers (or information) of how to locate this car.  I don't want to purchase it but I would like to know if it is still on the road. My dad talked about that car for years.

Thankyou

Guest Jonesin

Ok, I will try to find out more. My uncle sent me a picture of what he thought might be the car, but we both thought he sold it prior to going into the military. I will try to post a picture of it soon anyway. 

I thought he said it was a Mercury made by ford..could that be correct?  He said there was only 1 made for each state (50 total) and he bought the one sent to Oregon and it was the anniversary edition.  I will try to find out more. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest Jonesin

Ok, this was one of my dad's many cars.  My uncle thought this was a hard top convertible in the picture, maybe yellow and may be a 1953.  This picture even shows the license plate number but not sure how that would help me locate it now.  During Ford's 50th Anniversary year, did Ford produce a particular model where they only provided one car to every state?  IF so, what was it? That is the car my dad thought he had bought, however, the car in this picture may not be that car.  He always called it his old Merc but I think it was Ford's anniversary model.

FordMerc.jpg

Guest Jonesin

As a follow-up and to clarify, I am looking for the car my dad bought in 1953 that I thought was a Ford Anniversary model where my dad thought they made only 1 for each state.  I know Ford made several 50th anniversary models but did they make one model where they basically only manufactured 50?  My uncle sent me this picture of one of my dad's car and said this may be the car I am looking for as he said it was a 1953.