for sale 1954 kaiser darrin hard top.

• 6 months later...

Can you provide me with the manufacturer of these hard tops?  I would like to get one for my 1954 Kaiser Darrin.  Also, I have not taken my soft top out to check the condition but figure I will need to replace the soft top at some point...does anybody know where I can buy the material for the top and/or the side curtains?

Thank you,

Debbie

847-668-5004 cell

IMG_3318.JPG

• Like 1

14 hours ago, PowDeb said:

Can you provide me with the manufacturer of these hard tops?  I would like to get one for my 1954 Kaiser Darrin.  Also, I have not taken my soft top out to check the condition but figure I will need to replace the soft top at some point...does anybody know where I can buy the material for the top and/or the side curtains?

Thank you,

Debbie

847-668-5004 cell

IMG_3318.JPG

The guy that made the hard top was a man named Andy S..

Here is his price sheet from 1978.. Here is a picture of it. on the second kaiser over.. I owned  it about 5 years now..

darrin parts.JPG

hardtopp.JPG

Copy of Example of Darrin 4 2400.jpg

Edited by nick8086 (see edit history)

Thanks Nick8086, I really like the look of the car with the hardtop.  Was it Andy Schroyer who made the mold?  I understand that Andy was the one who originally created the Kaiser Darrin registry.

Also, is it true that you have to totally remove the soft top and frame to install a hard top?  As much as I like the look of the hard top I don't know if I would be willing to do away with my soft top.  I am still trying to figure out how to access my soft top, I was pulling on the lever in the trunk and it seemed to be activating a release but when I went around to the cover area I couldn't open it.  Waiting for a nice hot day to try to put up my soft top.

Thanks for the information!

The top cover release handle is cable operated. There are two release mechanisms that work off the single pull handle and when you pull the handle, the top cover should pop up an inch or so. You may have to have someone help...as you pull the handle, have them try to lift the top cover at the front center. If the cable is stuck, you can reach in and manually trip each release as well.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

nick8086,

You should mention that one of the pics you posted of the hardtop on the gray primer Darrin is not your car nor your hardtop.

This is a Darrin that has been restored at my shop Dan Green Restorations in Salt Lake City Utah.  I believe the hardtop on that particular car is an original from Darrin of Hollywood.

Thanks, Dan

IMG_5169.JPG

• Like 1

• 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 7 months later...