Klaxon Horn

GaryP65

OK I know somewhere I mentioned that I got this all sorted out and everything is working great.

Well yesterday I was showing off and pressed the button and the damn thing wouldn't shut off!!

I had no choice but to cut the wire. Any thoughts on why this happened? Does the spring/pin need some sort of lube to make it slide?

Yes there is.

When I pulled the button and pin off, the unit wouldn't shut off! Something seems stuck in there.

The spring seems to want to go in the retaining nut that holds the steering wheel on. 

If I take the nut off, then the button will (did) sound the horn.

The button and pin will not engage when the steering nut is on, I wonder why it seems that the horn button pin seems too short. In your photo, it looks to be the same size as mine, about 4 inches +/-.

Might I add that I appreciate the info you gave me (us) on the assemble of this unit. Helped tremendously. Thank you!

Edited by GaryP65 (see edit history)

Guest rameses32

The pin goes into the nut from underneath, then the horn button screws onto the end of it, there is a fine coil spring that slides onto the pin before the pin is slid into the shaft and nut tightened. If you don't understand I can take a close picture tomorrow after work.

I believe I get it but I've been wrong before. A pic would be great.

I don't know what car you have but if it's close to a 25 sedan. Can you tell me how the exhaust is attached? I have to manifold and pipe but looking at the brackets, some don't make sense. Especially the tailpipe bracket.

I posted this on another thread.