E041 still there, help

Steve2150

On my 1990, it all started when I went to pass a car by flooring it and it did not kicked down and picked up speed sluggishly, service engine light came on showing E041. Took it to my mechanic and found part of the ecm that talks to the scanner was not working so he replaced the ecm using the old ones proms. Also low on coolant as the water pump was leaking, so replaced the water pump, the cam sensor, crank sensor, car was hard to start but ran smoothly after. Put it on scanner and found the fuel pressure regulator put of specs, changed the regulator, cleaned the egr, checked the plugs, checked cars voltage everywhere all in specs. Cleared codes with the scanner and the service engine light came on again, E041. Any ideas what else since voltage to everything in specs and car runs smoothly. Also since the service engine light came on the temp gauge fluctuates, goes high then normal then high, the scanner showed temp normal. He did replace the temp sender and thermostat.

3 hours ago, padgett said:

Does the temp gauge flick with the turn signal ? That is almost always a ground issue.

Will check, it does just by driving, the mechanic said the scanner showed no ground issues. Also he just replaced the idle air control valve, service engine soon light still on but I did the car diagnostics and it no longer shows E041C only E041H, tried clearing it from car but still keeps the E041H, would disconnecting battery do it. Also if it is a ground issue where would I look since he says no.