Source for keyed washer for 1940 56S

Daves1940Buick56S

So as part of the recent work on the tires and wheels, one of my tasks was to put a replacement grease cap on the left front wheel, This has been missing since I bought the car. Well, the replacement wouldn't go on, and it quickly became apparent that the washer under the nut was not only too large but off center as well. So I pulled it out to take a look and the diameter is too big and the center hole way too big to the point that the key does not catch. So it appears I need one of these, no joy so far at Bobs or Cars or EBay. Anyone have one or know of a source? Group number 6.321, nomenclature is "washer, steering knuckle spindle safety," part number is 326196, fits 1934-35-36-40; 1937-38-39-40-60; 1940-40-50-60-70

Cheers, Dave

If you can't find the actual Buick part, they are also known as tabbed washers. I've had a very difficult time finding them myself. There are lots of companies offering them on the internet but so far all I've been able to find are industrial supply firms that want to supply thousands. I was looking for very large ones to fit a machine tool I was rebuilding, so you may have better luck than I have.

15 minutes ago, Daves1940Buick56S said:

Thanks for that info! You are right, though, it appears it's buy lots 'n' lots or nothing. I will take some measurements on the surviving correct washer tomorrow and look into making one. Sigh.

Dave, Dave, Dave! Who ya gonna call? Ill send ya one.