Which Chrysler is it?

navigator4

Thanks for the reply! A bit more searching found pics of a '29 Chrysler 75 R/S coupe that look right. The gauges and the area above them are the main items I was looking to compare, I believe that originally ithere was wood trim there. The vent door, running lights, and other details look correct, too. This is what I found: http://www.desertclassics.com/chrys28ruble.html

This car is on a mountainside near an aerial tram that was used for mining in the mid 40's. I suspect it was the power source until a Novo Outfit (slusher/winch) with a Buda engine was somehow transported to the mine site at the top of the tram.

4 minutes ago, navigator4 said:

Thanks for the reply! A bit more searching found pics of a '29 Chrysler 75 R/S coupe that look right. The gauges and the area above them are the main items I was looking to compare, I believe that originally ithere was wood trim there. The vent door, running lights, and other details look correct, too. This is what I found: http://www.desertclassics.com/chrys28ruble.html

This car is on a mountainside near an aerial tram that was used for mining in the mid 40's. I suspect it was the power source until a Novo Outfit (slusher/winch) with a Buda engine was somehow transported to the mine site at the top of the tram.

The dashboard trim pieces were woodgrained with paint, not real wood.

Keiser31,thanks, that makes sense, I didn't see how wood would have attached. Noticed that some Chryslers (roadsters?) that have that dash do not have the same trim above. Seeing you sig, you might enjoy this other mine relic, a 1930 Dodge DC8...

P1050224.JPG

30 dodge dc8 engine.jpg

P1050223.JPG

• 4 weeks later...