1965 Cadillac Coupe Deville Convertible

Guest garcia65deville

Guest garcia65deville

I have a 1965 Cadillac Coupe Deville Convertible and have been having fuel problems. I think I found the problem. I found a second fuel line that is capped off. I think it is the fuel vapor return line. I now cannot find out where it connects to. Fuel Pump?

I did change the fuel pump to an electric fuel pump but kept the mechanical in tact. HELP!!!!

If it's like my '64 Buick Electra, all A/C equipped cars came with a fuel pump that had a by-pass fitting.  The replacement pumps do not have this.  If you think that is the source of you problem, look for an original pump.

I think the correct name for your car must be Convertible deVille.  Coupe deVille was not a convertible. I had a '65 Convertible deVille back in its day.  The only fuel pump problem I had was it was leaking oil.  The Cadillac tried to find the source of the leak without success.  Finally someone told me I had a burst diaphragm.  Got a fuel pump at NAPA for about $7.00 (try that today) and replaced it and the leak was cured.  Never had such a problem with any other auto.