1929 Commander fuel line/pump problem

I have a 1929 30 Studebaker Commander FE. I have not started in 1.5 years. I am not getting fuel. When I unhook the line from the tank to the fuel pump I have no fuel. Is it gravity fed to the fuel pump and I am clogged in the tank or the line, or is my fuel pump bad? Any help would be appreciated. If it is the fuel pump does any body have an idea how to rebuild or a source to repair. 

• 2 weeks later...

Mechanical fuel pump is original. My plan is to redo the gas tank and blow out all the fuel lines. I have purchased an Airtex 6volt fuel pump and have read that using it as a priming pump can save a lot of cranking after having not been used for a while. After priming use the original mechanical pump. Your thoughts - are appreciated.

I have always just used stock equipment.  i stay away from electric fuel pumps as they tend to have to much pressure, are you using a regulator also.  i would forget the electric fuel pump and go with original equipment.  my 1927 Chevrolet both have factory vacuum tanks as well as my 1923 Studebaker big six.  love those vacuum tanks!!  my 1953 Packard uses an oem fuel pump.  sometime i have to prime them after sitting all winter but sometimes not.  i would forget the electric version.

Also, stupid me my 27 Touring car came with electric fuel pump (backup switch under dash for priming) and vacuum tank, right after I got it I parked it in garage shut it off and inadvertently hit the backup switch and it came on  and i did not know it was on. I drove off in my other car and came back only to find gas all over the floor as the pump pressure exceeded the pressure the carb was made for and what a dangerous mess, I do not like the electric pumps period.

Edited by 1927Chevy (see edit history)