National Office-Setting the Record Straight

There are a number of e mails and/or phone calls flying around regarding the National Office. Please allow me to set the record straight.<P>No one has fired Val.<BR>No one has offered to have volunteers run the National Office.<BR>No one has said VAI is too expensive.<P>What the BOD did say and agree to in Richmond is an examination of the duties performed at the National Office and a more up to date contract to run the National Office. To do that, the current contract would be terminated June 30, 2001, at the end of the normal contract term.<P>Because of the change of Mailing Houses from Superior to Baker, Val has been saddled with a tremendous amount of work. To help her, my office has taken over the administrative duties of the Board of Directors to allow her more time to service our members. To that end, Mary Coker and Chris Deel have been a tremendous help in volunteering their time to help the Club during this transition.<P>For those who wish to keep more current on Board activities, we will be posting the BOD Meeting Agenda as well as notes from each meeting.(The Tampa Agenda is currently posted). They will however, be somewhat delayed as approval of the minutes is not usually done until the following meeting. It routinely takes the Secretary some 25 to 30 hours to get the minutes typed following a Board Meeting.<P>You may or may not be aware that Plante and Moran have audited the Buick Club Financials at the request of the Board. The audit report will be submitted to the Board in Tampa and the results will also be posted on the Web Site. (The audit was paid for by a private benefactor and was not paid out of the BCA treasury.)<P>I hope this information is helpful to the membership.<P>JB<P><BR><P>------------------<BR>Jeffrey R. Brashares<BR>President<BR>Buick Club of America

Thanks for your input. Please keep this kind of information coming as many people in our Chapter and Region are closely watching what the BOD is doing and have grave concerns over some of their decisions. I'm afraid some of the trust we had in the Board has been diminished.