Hupmobile Dash & Door need- ID 8 cly 1925 Model E?

Ric Dean

… Identification needed for this Dashboard and LH Door for a Large Antique or Classic Automobile dating I think from somewhere in the 1920s? Total length is 42.5’’ sides are 7’’ and mid-section is 8’’ high, total weight is 25 lbs. It has the original wood grain and one instrument Bezel.

.. I like old Dashboards and instruments and found this one in the Nevada Desert in the 1950s; all the instruments were already gone but size and quality intrigued me. The one oblong Instrument Bezel was still in place and the Lens for the exposed portion would have been 4 5/8’’ tall.

.. I would like to find some Gauges just for display; they would not have to be operational.    

Thanks for looking, Ric

Dash fr Nevada 1 measurements 600p .jpg

Dash fr Nevada 2 Back full length 20 b 600p .jpg

Dash fr Nevada 3 Gauge Bezel 1c lens size, scanned copy b 600p .jpg

Door fr Nevada 2b hinges in diff place then a 27 Caddy 600p .jpg

Edited by Ric Dean (see edit history)

11 hours ago, 1909schacht said:

dash looks to be 1925 hupmobile

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>000<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

‘1909schacht’

I've had this Dash since 1959 never knowing the Manufacturer or Year.

Thank you or your expertise, Ric

Hupmobile Dash & Door from 8 cly 1925 Model E ?

… All I have found In 1925 Hupmobile with a Door like this and 3 hinges placed similar are the Model E 8 cly Coupe, Cabriolet or Sedan. Have not been able to find any 1925 Closed Car Model E Woodgrain Dash or interior photos, can anybody help there?

Thanks, Ric

Guest Redd

I think you are on the right track, but I cannot find any shots that look exactly like your dash. The attached are all from 1925 Hupmobile E-Series with the exception of the photo that shows the shifter; that one is supposedly a 1926 E-1 Four Door

1925 Hupmobile E-Series - 1.png

1925 Hupmobile E-Series - 2.png

1925 Hupmobile E-Series - 3png.png

1926 Hupmobile E-1 Four Door.png

… I am miles away from identifying this Dashboard, check out the differences between these 2 Hupmobile Dash photos; they both share the same Instrument Bezel and that’s about it. My guess is the Woodgrain Dash is off a larger bodied Hupmobile. Hupp made the Model E 8cly from 1925-28 were there larger models made?

Can anybody help out here? Thanks, Ric

1DashfrNevada1measurements600p .jpg

2Hupmobile 1925 4dr E-Series Dash c-crop 600p .jpg

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Faux Wood Pro

I love pics of original grain, no matter how worn. Cool to see what Hupp was doing with their faux wood painted dashes. Great thread. 

Edited by Faux Wood Pro
spelling error (see edit history)