Parts and Technical Help Needed

pint4

Well, the 37 Packard 120 went for a short drive, approximately 25 miles for debugging and we found an issue or two.  At highway speeds, temperature was fine but when it sits for a while, the temperature starts to get a bit warm.  At this point, definitely not a parade car.  The car has a new radiator.  Is this common for the 120's in 37?  My 39 Buick was notorious for running hot when not on the highway due to the small amount of grill opening and poor air flow?  Did Packard have a similar problem?

I am also looking for an Autolite voltage regulator and trunk handle for my 37 Packard 120.

Thanks,

Bob

pint4@new.rr.com

• 3 weeks later...

Bob:

I think these Packards with the fixed grille (i.e., no thermostatically controlled shutters) run warm.  Mine does and a friend of mine with a '36 Convertible Sedan also does.  I had a '37 Club Sedan with the shutter grille and it always ran at a normal temperature.  Mine runs at about 190F whereas my old Club Sedan ran at 180F.  They don't like to idle or be in heavy traffic.  On the plus side, mine has never boiled over, nor has my friend's '36.

• 1 month later...