1941 Century Need Advice with Camber Adjustment

Lawrence Helfand

My 41 Century has a right front wheel out of camber..too tipped in likely due to long ago fender bender. It wanders to the left. I read in the workshop manual that there is no adjustment unless you install the eccentric pin kit for the lower?  A arm. A lot more work but is it better to change the lower A arm or replace the upper/shock arm entirely?  Any info about  the camber adjustment or the eccentric adjustable pins and where to find them would be very much appreciated. 

Thanks You! 

Lawrence

Lower control arms show up frequently on eBay and are not expensive. Shocks can be exchanged with one of the rebuilders, which I'd recommend anyway. I wouldn't try to make what you have work properly, even with offset shafts and things like that.

Are you sure the frame isn't tweaked? My '41 Century obviously took a hard hit in the left rear corner and my frame was bent. I pushed and pulled it back into shape, but it was notably bent.

Thanks Dave and Matt.  I had the front fender and nose tin stripped over the winter and did a cleaning and frame painting. I saw nothing to indicate a bent frame and alignments of holes and gaps are very good so hopefully frames not an issue. I do have an entire parts car and Apple hydraulics is not far from my shop. I'm guessing the upper shock a arm is tweaked as I found it bone dry which might indicate that the shaft has distorted causing a seal leak. Would be nice if that does it. On Friday last week I got a Historic vehicle plate and Saturday was the first time it has been on the road in 45 years. There was a car show at Tappan Beach under a mile away from my shop. Drove it to the show in time to make the judging and score a 2nd place trophy plaque in the Prewar class!  Really purring from the short outing. Cant wait to get it going straight and up to speed to clear those cobwebs.P4168343.JPGP4168369.JPGP4168347.JPGP4168287.JPG

• Like 1