1976 Pace Car wheels

Thriller

Well, things are starting to progress now that most of the snow is gone.

I have a question.  Does anyone have a description, other than "red", to describe the colour used for the pace car replicas?  What I have is weathered and oxidized, so if there is something that is reasonably correct, I'd rather go that route.  Of course, if need be, I can just pick something from what is locally available.  It wouldn't be that bad so long as an original doesn't park beside mine (got that Alan?).  I had a PDF of an article done on wheels that did make some note of it, but that was some time ago (and probably a computer or two ago, so the file may be completely gone from my world).

Thanks.

Tires are decided upon, so this should come together fairly quickly.  I took the youngest out on Sunday and we removed these from one of the spare cars.  We also brought in all the trim rings and center caps that came with the cars.  This will look so much better than the CenterLine wheels that are currently on the car.

CroppedIMG_1610.jpg

• Like 2

From the pictures I found (www.deansgarage.com/2009/1975-and-1976-buick-indy-pace-cars/ ), the base color looks about right (compared to the pictures), just a little faded.

In some of the service or sales literature, AND probably the Buick Vehicle Order Guide for 1976, the paint code should be around, somewhere.  Possibly, too, in the chip chart descriptions with the paint suppliers for that model year, too.  Perhaps there's some overspray on the back side that is not sun faded?  I think that if you can find one of the old PPG paint chip chart books, on the opposite page from the color chips, it will list the interior colors, and other paint colors/codes on the vehicle.  I know I found that information in such a book for my 1970 Dodge Monaco Brougham.  Might even be online, now, somewhere.

NTX5467

• Like 1