Ajax Corp - Brewer-Titchener Touring Car Top

Guest Autoliner

Guest Autoliner

I picked up this set of top bows at sale, hoping that it was an aftermarket accessory top for a Model T.  However, the attachment points seem to be just barely off from those of the one-man top on my '23 Touring.  The ID tag affixed to the inside of one of the irons is pictured below.  

I have found some patent information for Brewer-Titchener but it appears as though they made folding tops for several different car manufactures. The part I have been unable to figure is the "Ajax Corp" part. I considered whether it was used on an Ajax Touring (1925-1926) but from pictures, it looks like they would require a much larger and wider top.

I am seeking information on this top and what kind of car it might belong to.  Has anyone run across something like this in their travels or have any information?  

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Guest Autoliner

Thanks for the response.

The dimensions I provided below in parenthesis are those for my Model T to give an idea of scale.  

The attachment point at the windshield stanchions are 39" (38") on center. 

The rear bow socket attachment points are approximately 56" (52") wide.

The length front to back across the bows is approximately 76".  

These dimesions are approximate, as the top would take the shape of the car and it's difficult to know how far the top would need to be extended to be positioned correctly.  

Guest Autoliner

Bump.  

Still looking for any information on this.  Would ultimately like to find its proper home if I can rule out a Model T.

Will take any questions, comments, speculations or insults.

• 3 weeks later...