1984 Buick Riviera engine rebuild assistance needed

Guest dlmcmahon173

Guest dlmcmahon173

I apologize because I don't know where to post this question (the site is a bit confusing to navigate)

I normally don't care for people who don't spend time doing their own research before asking (because I know one or more of you have this answer already) but time is of the essence. I am active duty military stationed in Germany but I am retiring here in Germany next month. As part of this, I will lose my ability to ship anything to me through USPS.

After six months, I finally imported a 1984 Buick Riviera from Ohio. I realize this isn't the normal "collectible" for many but my family and I have a real connection the to the sixth generation (grandfather owned a 1979, gave it to my mother who in turn have it to me for high school). I'd always hoped to get another one someday and that day has come.

Unfortunately, as luck would have it, 350 miles into ownership the motor is knocking. And not just a little.....

I have no desire to "hop up" the motor or even go bigger. German inspection rules are tough enough and I'd rather not spend the money for what I consider a luxury cruiser.

I do, however, want to rebuild the motor and get the car back on the road. And this is where my question comes in.

As I said, I own a 1984 Buick Riviera with a 307 (4 barrel carb as you all know).

What I can't find is a rebuild book for the motor. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong spots but I having serious difficulty finding a book (or even something downloadable). Maybe a manual for the actual car is where I should be looking?

If anyone could help, I would appreciate it. You can obviously answer me on here or email me some direction at dlmcmahon173@gmail.com.

I thank you for your time.