chrome wheels

I have the P05 option on one of my 1967 Wildcats. I am assuming that you are looking for the difference in what all of the chrome wheels are on the different Buick models? I could probably send you a scan photo of one of the wheels that I have if it would help.I am sure there are different offsets as well as stampings for the different years and models used but I can't give you an exact decoding for this either. My parts book doesnt break it down that way It only lists part numbers. I can check to see what is stamped on my wheels if you need me to. Let me know.

Are these the famous Riv/Electra rims?The reason I,m inquiring is I recently picked up a 71'Centurion that shows P05 on the build sheet but the car has Le Sabre wheel covers and std.15x whatever rims.Sounds like a Buick dealer switcheroo.

The same basic style rims were used on the Wildcat,GS400, Skylark, Riviera, and some others. Although the rim "look" was basically the same for each car I am sure the specifications for the rim was different on some cars as well as others. If you have a P05 option on a Centurion and have regular LeSabre covers then it would seem to me they were either switcharood at the dealer or later in life. At any rate if the build sheet shows P05 then it was probably built that way but you never know, They guy working on the line that day might have decided to do something a little different.

I have the PO5 "V2" option on my '68 GS400. The original sales invoice for the car shows PO5 as "chrome plated wheels". The only problem is that my car has the chrome Buick style ralley wheel with trim rings. I purchased the car from the original owner and he says that it came from the factory that way. I have seen this same type of wheel (with trim rings) on other Buicks so I know its not unique to my car. I also have two "build sheets" for the car that match the sales invoice. For what its worth.<P><P>------------------<BR>'68 GS400 Convert

My understanding of the P05 option is that they are the so called "rallys" my build sheets for the Wildcat also state Chrome Wheel CV. The order code for the dealer was V2 but the build sheet will show P05. Again I believe that the same basic "rally" was used for all buicks with the difference being the center cap or the size of the rim. The design of the rim also differed from year to year somewhat.

Anyone know what the correct wheel size would be for my '73 Electra. It currently just has steel rims w/ Electra full size covers, but I would like to get some road wheels. I;m going to Carlisle so maybe I'll be lucky. I know 15, but not sure what the correct width would be. Also, would any correct size road wheel work, regardless of time period? It currently has 235/75's if that is pertinent.<P>P.S. Would road wheels from an '83 LeSabre have worked. My grandparents hadthis car, w/ road wheels, and they left them on when they gave it to dealer upon them getting a '93 Park Ave. They needed cleaning, but it always gets me that they got left on the car, w/ almost new Goodyear rear Snow tires too that would have fit the '78 Impala I was driving at the time. Oh well.

For 11M834 and 73Electra 225:<P>Both the '71 Centurion and '73 Electra 225 were offered with the same style of chrome road wheel. (1973 was the first year, by the way, that the road wheels were offered as a regular factory option on the Electra 225 series.) You are fortunate because the style of wheel that was introduced for 1971 full-size Buicks and Rivieras was offered for many years and is relatively easy to find compared to the pre-1971 styles. And the correct center caps for these wheels are, I believe, still available from GM parts.<P>Eventhough the '71 and later style wheels look similar to the earlier wheels, they are significantly different, and it is best to stick with the correct style for your car for safety reasons.<P>Do the wheelcovers on your '71 Centurion have the Centurion head or the Buick tri-shield in the center? I'm asking because the LeSabre-style wheelcovers with the Centurion head in the center were standard equipment on the Centurion, although there were two other wheelcover options and the chrome road wheels available as options on the '71 Centurion.<P>You are correct about the dealers switching things around. The dealership who sold my parents the '71 Centurion I now own offered to reduce the price by removing the chrome road wheels and substituting the wheelcovers from a new '71 LeSabre. I have always been thankful that Dad decided to keep the original road wheels on the car!<P>I'll see what I can dig up about codes on these correct '71 and later wheels.<P>

The correct tire size for the 73 Electra is P235/75/R15. This is not the original size of course in those days Electras were outfitted with J78-15 or JR78-15 if it had the optional radials from the factory. I also believe that the Estate Wagon that year used L78-15 or LR78-15. As far as the rim. I have the regular rim with the wheel cover just as you do. I do however have a 1976 Electra Limited with the wheel option but I am not sure that the rim would be the same for the 73 versus the 76. From just looking at them they would appear the same. But I am not sure.

Thanks to all who posted answers to my question,especially Centurion for first hand info.BTW,the wheel covers on this car have the tri-shield.I bet the helmet wheelcovers look really classy.<BR>Another question if I may to Centurion.When did the "455" emblem start to appear on the Centurion model?This one here does not have them!

The 455 emblem appeared on the Centurions only in 1973 -- the final year for the short-lived series. <P>The 455 engine was standard equipment on all Centurions in 1971 and 1972. In 1973, the 455 became an option, with the 350 4-barrel becoming the standard engine. Obviously, only the 455-equipped '73's wore the 455 emblem.<P>The Centurions were unique and beautiful cars. Would sure enjoy learning more about yours. Feel free to e-mail me at laurance@integrity.com.<P>Brian Laurance, BCA #5168<BR>'59 Electra, '71 Centurion

The car is a 4 door(466391Y213134),light green,black vinyl top,black cloth interior(mint),AC,PDB,speed alert,trip odometer,51,700 one owner miles.Built @ Wilmington,De assy.plant on 7/6/71,delivered to Biel Buick Milford,CT on 7/16/71.<BR>Asking $3500