Fall Carlisle

I think I am going to go to this event. I have never been to one, though, and was wondering if anyone has been to this show. How is it? Are there good deals to be found? Will there be any buicks around? Thanks to all who reply.

<BR>Just a few words of advise, Wear comfortable shoes, dress warm since the weather is coing to be cold, and plan on more that one day. Friday and Saturday are my favorites. I have not missed a Carlisle (spring, summer or fall) event in 20 years. You will have a great time!! They are some loyal local Buick vendors that are always there. Cars Inc from New Jersey is there also. You should not limit your self to Buick vendors only, there is always plenty of vendors that have a lot of different parts, you only have to ask and do not be afraid to get your hands dirty digging through the piles, I always find a few bargins. Try the Big Smokies, always a good buy!!!

i have been for the last 4 years to sproing and fall. the buick vendors are few and far between. and do not expect to find any rare parts. it is usually the same old stuff.<P>but it is fun to walk around. and KNOW EVERYTHING ABOUT WHAT YOU ARE LOOKING FOR!!! i got burned last spring for $300 for the wrong part. and it was from a BIG time vendor. so assume nothing.<P>john

Have not been in 3 years, but be prepared to walk, there's lots of cool stuff to look at, but the Buick stuff is sometimes hard to find, but there are some good deals. My brother is going, I'm out of vacation, thanks to all the 'real' Buick stuff I have done and still have to do this year. Have fun, and bring an extra pair of walking shoes. You can do the whole thing in a day, but you will miss alot.<P>------------------<BR>Roberta<BR>BCA TREASURER 2000-2001<BR>BCA PRESIDENT 1998-2000<BR>BCA VICE PRESIDENT 1997-1998<BR>WEBMASTER<BR>1956 Special 2 door Sedan<BR>1966 Wildcats<BR>1968 GS-400 Convertible 4-speed<BR>1970 GSX Stage 1<BR>1970 Skylark Racecar - 11.26, 118 MPH, 7/22/00<BR>1986 GN, 4800 miles

I've been to about half the Carlisle shows since 1978. Bargains exist, but only in nooks and crannys. The first place I go is the North Field, where most of the least experienced vendors are. Other advice:<P>1. It will be 30 degrees in the morning and 80 degrees in the afternoon, and only rain constantly or when you're carrying rare literature.<P>2. The heaviest item you buy will be (literally) about 3 miles from your car. Bring a small red wagon just in case.<P>3. A paperboy satchel is a wonderful thing.<P>4. You have to tip the port-a-john attendants for any bodily function, so get your money's worth. Bring a good book with you! wink.gif (Seriously, there's no worse a feeling than a full bladder or colon at Carlisle and no loose change.)<P>5. Bring something to drink! There's no water on site that's less than $2 a bottle. Pop is generally cheaper.<P>6. Find the smoked turkey legs and eat them, they're worth it!<P>7. If you get there before 7:00AM you'll have almost no traffic, if you get there after 7:15AM figure on 1 hour + in line to park.<P>8. Good shoes are great, orthopedic inserts are greater, orthotics RULE!!!!<P>9. If you don't have a parts manual for you car, buy one there. If you do, keep it in the car for reference just in case.<P>10. Bring 2 pairs of shoes and socks incase there's mud. It's not biblical like at Hershey, but your car's carpet will thank you on the way home at least.<P>11. Buy a program and bring a pen to make notes. Write the space number of any part you want to check back on later, it's amazing how fast all the aisles start to look the same.<P>12. Don't use Carlisle for research, do that before you get there. If not, you will be had by someone.<P>Finally, bring twice as much money as you think you'll need and 5 times more than you told your wife you'll need (just kidding, dear!) rolleyes.gifgrin.gif