Spring 2002 Rummage Box

24T42

Jan,<P>Yes they can. You have two options.<P>Choice #1 - save the photo.<BR>1. Right click on the photo you want to save. This causes a list of options to open.<P>2. Select the one that says "Save Picture as". The 'Save Picture' dialog box will then open. You can now choose what folder you would like to save the picture to.<P>3. The picture is now saved on your computer and ready to insert into your newsletter when you need it.<P>Choice #2 - copy photo!<BR>1. If you are working on your newsletter and are ready to use the photo, right click on the photo again and this time choose the 'copy' option.<P>2. You can now paste and resize the photos in whatever software package you are using.<P>Hope that makes sense. The only dumb question is the one not asked.<p>[ 04-22-2002: Message edited by: 24T42 ]

I'm hoping it is going to be that easy. My concern was actually more for the DPI of the photos. The resolution in the photos converted for use on the websites is usually too low for use in my printed newsletters. Has anyone tried to use these photos yet?<P>And for those of you who are too shy to ask the dumb questions, just watch the DF. I'm the queen of "dumb" questions. Sooner or later I'll ask the one question you've been reluctant to post! wink.gif" border="0 <P>Jan K.<BR>Wis Region

Jan,<P>You are right, I usually run photos through a Web Optimizer program before posting any photos to the BNTR web page. In this case, Brooke mailed me a CD which contained the Publisher file as he gave to the printer. I did not optimize the photos. I used them as he sent them to me. So they should look as good as they did in the published Rummage Box.

Earl,<P>I am glad the pictures turned out well. I must admit that I am also glad that the ones about the money didn't turn out so well. I had some reservations about posting them on the Internet. I guess since we didn't use the whole picture no one could down load them and use them to make counterfeit money.

• 3 weeks later...

About two days later my computer did, in fact, roll over and die. I've had it rebuilt and we can do more stuff now as I put in a much larger hard disc here at the Virginia location. The summer Rummage Box is in process. It has been put to bed and is now being laid out. It will be mailed on or before June 16

Thanks for the heads up on the next issue. I'll plan to save room for some of those articles starting with my July issue. (June will already have gone to press by that time.)<P>Jan K.<BR>Wis Region