Kudos to Ron Springstead

JanK

We just received the December issue of "The Schoharie Valley Rambler" today. I thought your editor's message was outstanding. You should have no problem pulling in all those stories you're looking for.<P>In the meantime, don't hesitate to borrow stories from other regional newsletters, if it helps to get the ball rolling. Over the years, we've reprinted several stories from other newsletters (both within AACA and outside of it), and no one cared that they weren't about cars in our region. They were just happy to read something other than the dry, necessary stuff. Most editors are very willing to give you reprint permission, provided you give credit where credit is due.<BR>(And those "borrowed" stories may help your readers understand what you're looking for in the way of length, style or topic.) We'll be running the Perry story on "Life with Packards - Two Views" from the November issue of the Mississippi Valley Region's "The Autograf" in our January Beam, just because we thought it was a great story.<BR>The Perrys were even kind enough to email me the pictures that accompanied the article. Talk about cooperation between editors!<P>Jan K.<BR>Wis Region<P>PS: Just how to you pronounce "Schoharie" anyway?!? smile.gif" border="0

Hey Jan,<P>Thanks for your kind words and here's the answer to your question... Schoharie, an old Indian name, (my opologies to the P.C. people) that is pronounced "sko-harry". When I look at the names of your surrounding towns, I imagine that many of them are also derived from "Native American" names.(hope the P.C. people are now happy)<P>Keep up the good work on "The Beam"! grin.gif" border="0

• 4 weeks later...

Hey John,<P>Thanks for your message and, rest assured, I am signed on as "The Rambler" Editor for at least another year. I too look forward to meeting you in Philly. smile.gif" border="0 <P>Coincidentally, the January issue of "The Chesapeake Bulletin" showed up in my mail box today. If congratulations should go to anyone, it should be you.... or maybe you should be given "The Glutton For Punishment Award" since you wear the hats of both Region President as well as Editor. They have to be the two most time consuming jobs in any Region! shocked.gif" border="0 <P>Maybe you should also run for the Secretary and Treasurers jobs next year and change the name to "John Packard Region"!! grin.gif" border="0 <P>Seriously, I DO look forward to meeting you in Philly. wink.gif" border="0

Ron, we got your January issue in the mail yesterday. It looks like your invitation to the membership (for contributions) has paid off! Your mailbox must be overflowing. smile.gif" border="0 <P>Congratulations on your early Christmas present as well. It's well-deserved!<P>See you in Philadelphia!<P>Jan K.<BR>Wis Region