junior newsletters

The Wisconsin Region mailed out the first issue of our junior newsletter, The Car Hop, this past week. We're doing small runs to start, printing the master off of a home printer and running double-sided copies, making the expense relatively small. We're hoping to use this as a tool to increase junior membership in our area.<P>We'll also be adding a Kid's page to our club website in the coming months, and hope to have some kid-related activities set up for junior members at events in the near future. If anyone out there has any suggestions for us, I'd love to her them!<P>Patty K<BR>Wisconsin Region

Patty,<P>Glad to hear about the 'Car Hop'. Good luck with this venture.<P>The Brass-Nickel Toruing Region does not publish a separate newsletter. I do try to include in our newsletter a section for kids, which right now is mailnly jokes and riddles. On our web page though I do have a large section devoted to "kids of all ages". I have crossword puzzles, jokes, riddles, coloring pages, special holdiay section, slide puzzles, history of cars, jigsaw puzzles, etc. all car related. Right now I do not have a lot for the very junior member but am working on it as we speak. Our 'Kids Korner' is becoming our second most popular section of our web page right behind 'Year by Year', which hightlights one particualr year of automotive history,<P>If you get a chance, stop by 'in the Kids Korner' on the Brass-Nickel Touring Region web page, which can be found at <A HREF="http://www.aaca.org/bntc/." TARGET=_blank>http://www.aaca.org/bntc/.</A> <P>24T42

24T42-<P>Thanks for the info! I stopped by your Kid's Korner on your web page and loved what I saw!<P>We have a page in our jr newsletter that we call the Kids Korner also. This one is for the tinier tots and is a coloring page. We have also included a puzzle page with word searches and scrambled words. <P>Each quarterly newsletter will also spotlight a different junior member - hopefully with an accompanying picture. We're also encouraging the kids to send in their questions about cars which we will then take to our members for answers.<P>Keep up the good work on your web page, and with your kids insert to your newsletter! grin.gif" border="0 <P>Patty

I'm just curious... do any of your regions or chapters have junior membership? Some of you have great stuff on your web pages for kids and special pages in your newsletters. Is this just an extra for members kids or do you follow the nationals lead and have special junior membership? <P>Al

The Wisconsin Region is just launching our Junior program, which is intended to follow National's lead. Our Board was reluctant to start charging for a local junior membership, however, when we didn't have an established program to offer for it. For the first year, they decided to make all National Junior members automatic local members free of charge, and use them as the guinea pigs to set up the program. <P>Patty K. volunteered to be our the Junior Membership Chair and she is working hard to get kids involved. She's going to be instrumental in making this program work. We're not worried -- we're confident we've got the right person for the job! smile.gif" border="0<P>Jan K.<BR>Wis Region

Al,<P>The Brass-Nickel is a touring region. Consequently, we do not do any shows. At this point in time, all the stuff we offer on our web page, and newsletter, is just extra. I think it would be awful hard, but not impossible, to have a junior membership in a touring club. <P>However, I think the junior program is important. I therefore put a lot of effort into the Kids Korner program. Our Kids Korner page is our second most popular section of our web page so there must be a lot of kids (of all ages) looking at it.<P>24T42<BR> <A HREF="http://www.aaca.org/bntc/" TARGET=_blank>http://www.aaca.org/bntc/</A>