Anyone here knows the early days of NHRA and AHRA? (Studebaker)

=diego=

Hi.....currently researching some "Jet-Thrust" Studebakers that were raced in 1963-64.

Specifically, I'm trying to find concrete info on at least two cars, but there's a lot of conflicting info.

One of them was "The Whistler" which was campaigned by a Phoenix dealership. 

Another was Gordon Williams' Lark that he raced for a San Bernadino dealership.

The conflicts I'm facing are:

- Unclear on which Winternationals were records being set? 1963 or 1964 or both?

- Unclear on which Winternationals is being described, as both NHRA and AHRA had their own.

- Unclear on the configurations of the vehicles, as it seems Williams' car was initially raced as an R1 and then as an R2 (and possibly R3), but not sure which configuration(s) made it in the record books.

I know several Studebaker folks who are very knowledgable (and, yes, I have perused the club's forum), but connecting the dots has been a challenge. 

If there's a more appropriate sub-forum for this, please let me know - thanks!

Thanks . . . yes, I saw that thread, but there's some questions that I need answered that the thread doesn't address. I know some of the posters so I've already been through this with them but perhaps I should post in the thread.

Yeah, I've seen that thread too, but the problem is that car ran in more than one class, so I can't determine which records it set, what years, and in which configuration?

- C/SA

- F/SA

- more?

And which sanctioning body?