Dynaflow

39mm

1963 Riviera.

I bought a dynaflow trans. out of a junkyard years ago just because it was there to grab. It turns by hand freely, smoothly and silently.

Would this mean that it is in good working condition or is there something else that would need to be known before putting it in the car?

Thanks.

OK 39: Personally I would just bite the bullet and go through it.  On 1960 and older the torque tube presents a tedious and expensive removal/replacement process.  Not as bad with a 63 Riv.  Never the less, if you can seal it and chance it because there's no labor costs involved you may consider that route.  Most tranny shops don't like to do an install because if the trans is bad there's often a misunderstanding with a customer. They want to do the job from beginning to end and assume all the liability.  Machine shops are no different.

Mitch

OK 39: Personally I would just bite the bullet and go through it.  On 1960 and older the torque tube presents a tedious and expensive removal/replacement process.  Not as bad with a 63 Riv.  Never the less, if you can seal it and chance it because there's no labor costs involved you may consider that route.  Most tranny shops don't like to do an install because if the trans is bad there's often a misunderstanding with a customer. They want to do the job from beginning to end and assume all the liability.  Machine shops are no different.

Mitch

Thanks.